Sunday 17 November 2013

Great British Songbook Week: The Results

My hands are shaking and my heart is hammering as I type this. Remember how I said my favourite always goes home during my birthday weekend? Well, the birthday curse came a little too close for comfort just now. What an incredible sing off performance by Luke Friend! I only wish you could download sing off performances - his voice is world class. Did I mention how good his 'On T'Sofa' EP is? And how you should check it out on iTunes?

Thank God the judges made sensible decisions, that's all I can say. I was worried there could be a Jedward v. Lucie Jones moment there, with the judges keeping Sam Callahan in just to create media buzz. Luke should get a bounce back vote next week, so I'm confident he'll be safe a bit longer.

Aside from the actual contestants, I'd just like to add how much I enjoyed Gary Barlow's Mumford and Sons-esque performance. It took a lot of restraint not to start leaping around my living room like a Morris Dancer wielding an imaginary banjo.

And now I must bid you farewell, because I'm A Celeb is starting, hooray! Next week's X Factor theme is 'previous X Factor contestants' memorable performances'. Quite sad we're not going to see Sam C. take on 'Loaf Shack' now.

No comments:

Post a Comment